Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update on Life in our Bungalow

After a week of technical difficulty I’m back up and running.  It has been a calm storm of activities in our bungalow lately.

My little brother moved to Tallahassee and into the same dorm hall I moved into 9 years ago.  This week he starts his first week of classes at Florida State University.  He completes our family of Seminoles; we all have attended FSU with the exception of my mama (the hokie) and my husband (miss state bulldog).

Our dorm Smith Hall.  I had some great times within those cinder block walls.

This past weekend I made a spur of the moment appearance at an antique store closing on the square and bought a beautiful dresser. (More to come on that later this week.)

My best girlfriend and her new husband were in town this past weekend.
Saturday after a few Mai Tai’s we turned into 15 year olds at the pool and decided we could do flips. Sunday my entire body ached and my shins are covered with bruises.  Mr. told me my legs looked like an 80 year olds.  Definitely a wake up call that I am out of shape and need to work out on a regular basic - starting today!
Sunday we celebrated the Mr.’s birthday and went to Cirque du Soleil Dralion.  It was excellent, highly recommend this show.  Then we had dinner at La Tavola and ate way too much!  The Ricotta Cavatelli & Ragu Alla Napoletana was amazing. It was a great weekend!

After a very busy summer we are refocusing on a few house projects, which I am really excited about…wow I sound really old getting excited about working on our house.

We finally booked our anniversary trip to NYC and I’m super pumped to explore the city that never sleeps with my Mr. The Mr. has never been to the city so I’m really excited for him to experience the amazing sites and eats!  Any and all suggests are welcome.

After a very busy August…it’s back to the grind and I don’t mind.  We have a fabulous fall planned and I know we will have lots to share!

1 comment:

  1. Can we please make the play-like-we're-10 pool day happen every year? Maybe we could even bust out the slip-n-slide again next time. :)

    ReplyDelete