Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Date Night + a little extra

I can't believe it is Monday already!!

We had a great start to the weekend.  The Mr. isn't off on a Friday night too often so it was nice to try a new restaurant on 'restaurant' night.  What I mean by that is....trying a nice/new restaurant on a Monday or Tuesday isn't a good idea.  The 'A' team of a restaurant work on prime nights so the chances of you have a excellent server and the best food is not very likely.  Trust me if you to place that has generally good reviews but you go on a Monday or Tuesday and have a bad experience do yourself a favor and give it one more shot over a weekend.  

Sorry for the lengthy side bar...that being said we gave Miller Union a second shot.  And, it definitely paid off.  We had a great time and we didn't even order entrees.  All of the appetizers sounded so great we opted to order all of those.  Soup of the Day was a Caramelized Onion soup...my favorite!
photo via here

Next stop was something new for us.  An imporv comedy show at the Whole World Improv Theatre.  I'm not going to lie I was a bit very worried this was going to be lame.  But we are trying to expand our horizons and it was super fun!  Relatively inexpensive and I would describe it as watching a practice take of SNL.  I would definitely recommend and you don't need to worry about sitting in the front.  There was not crowd participation just shouting out words.

What we learned....we must have dates more often!  Trying new things makes it feel like we are dating again.

Saturday and Sunday it was back to catching up on house work and squeezing in a few hours in the sun before the rain.  As usual didn't get that much done but I do have some plans for the next few weeks.  Here is a shot of the new additions to the front porch.

Love our new mail box!  Thanks Mama.  
Love the new planter too.  I need to actual plan the fern, it's currently just propped up.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. the front looks great -- I love the mailbox, and the handsome guy at the front door...

    ReplyDelete