Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pinterest Recipe - Skillet Lasagna

What did we do before pinterest?
I will admit most recipes I try are a total flop.
(It's possibly me not the recipe.)

This one was crazy easy and will be in our dinner rotation!

Easy Skillet Lasagna // comforting, family friendly, weeknight heaven
I skipped a few steps so here is what I did to make it a bit faster:

8 lasagna noodles 
(I gave in and used 1/2 whole wheat which I don't prefer, trying to get healthy up in the bungalow, but I wasn't ready to commit to all whole wheat)
5 cups spaghetti sauce 
(I make a big pot of sauce each month and freeze)
1/2 cup ricotta
8 oz fresh mozzarella
8 fresh basil leaves

Step #1:  Break noodles into thirds and place in big skillet (with tall edges and has a matching lid)
Step #2:  Pour in spaghetti sauce and bring to simmer.  
Cook until noodles are soft but not overcooked.
Step #3: Add heaping 1/2 cup of ricotta and mix a little but not too much
Step #4: Layer the top with slices of fresh mozzarella (yum) and cover
Leave until mozzarella is nice and melty and creamy (double yum)
Step #5: Tear basil leaves and sprinkle on top

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment