Friday, November 26, 2010

It's That Time...

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone.  Which means it time for the holidays, rivalry games, decorating, and bowl games.  I am very passionate about my alma mater and college football.  No black Friday shopping for me, today I'm picking up my Mama from the airport and we are headed to Tallahassee to meet up with my sister, brother, and father.  For the first time in 5 years we actually have a shot at beating our in state rivals UF.  It's going to be a great game, neither team is great this year but rivalry games are always fun.


I have a huge dislike (I don't like using the word hate) for the over sized lizards for several reasons.

1. They think they are better than us.
2.  They wear orange.
3. Gators wear jean shorts.  Exhibit A: 
4.  Way too many fair weathered fans they are not graduates of UF or any school at all for that matter.  I was an out of state student and chose to be a Seminole!
5.  Orange is obnoxious.  Garnet and Gold is sooo much better.
6.  I'm sure I will come up with a ton more reasons after this weekend.

With all of that said it should be an interesting weekend as my family will be meeting my sister's boyfriend's family for the first time.  We have all be instructed to be on our best behavior and avoid college football subjects as they are all UF grads.  Eeeekkkk.  Boyfriend has one older sister around my age and 3 younger bothers.  This will be fun!

I have to download some pics from the camera and Monday I will be sharing the one new recipe I tested for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to try a new tradition and all by myself complete one new recipe each year.

Next week we will be back to the pretty and delicious things.

No comments:

Post a Comment