Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday....Best EVER Mac and Cheese

This pic is not a pic I took and/or this recipe but thought I had to share a pic to make a pretty post :) .  I found it on pinterest of course.

So I have to share my most favorite mac and cheese recipe. I can’t find the source online but my mama cut it out of the AJC several months ago. I now have it memorized and made it last night. The Mr. and I can almost eat the whole recipe in one sitting.

Best Ever Mac and Cheese ( I think that’s what it’s called)

2 cups of Elbow Pasta
1 cup Mayo (low fat is just as good…and Duke’s is the best)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom (last night I did celery and I think I liked it better)
1 pound of Extra Sharpe Cheddar (best if you shred it yourself)
1 tablespoon of Diced Onion
1 tablespoon of Pimentos
20 Ritz Crackers (crushed)

Preheat oven to 325.
Cook Elbow’s until al dente
Mix Mayo and Cream of [your choice] until blended
Add Diced Onions and Pimentos
Then Add shredded Sharp and Pasta
Spread into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish and spread with Ritz Crackers
Cook at 325 for 45 mins

Seriously best ever!!!

I downloaded pics from our weekend get-a-way and will sort through to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment