Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've Returned and Now to Catch Up!

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town over the weekend to visit my this guy…

It was the anniversary of my Grandma’s passing but it seems like it was last week. She was the most wonderful lady and I miss her tons but I know she’s makes a beautiful angel. We had a great weekend. Sorry not pics to share.

I’ve been crazy busy with work and chores around the house. I’ll not quite share the progress of our living room and now that I’ve listed it all out we have a long way to go but we have a plan.
We still need to...
- recover chair - planned for this weekend
- ottoman coffee table
- round pedestal side table for between the 2 chairs
- new throw and pillows
- get rid of picture ledges and get large piece of art. I have a few ideas brewing.

Our way home yesterday we had to stop by the Pottery Barn Outlet in Gaffney, SC.
Linen Hemstitch Tablecloth
 
I scored a couple of great items. I got 1 red and 1 ivory linen hemsitch table clothes at 60% off and a beautiful tray for the future ottoman coffee table. I’m super pumped and can’t wait for this weekend to start crossing off a few items.
 
Tonight I tried a new receipe from Mini Manor blog Potato Leek Soup.
So easy and tasty.

1 small yellow onion

1 large Leek or 2 small ones
1 box chicken stock
1 small brown potato
1/8 tsp Dried Thyme
salt and pepper

First dice the onion. Slice up the white part of the Leek and wash well.
Put a tbsp of oil in a pot and fry up the onions and Leeks, about 5 min.
Add Thyme. Stir.
Add box of Stock.
Dice Potato. Add to pot.

Boil soup until potatoes are done, don't worry if they get overcooked.  Add salt and pepper to taste .  Recipe says to throw it all into a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.  I didn't I ate it as a broth soup and because I was didn't feel like getting the processer out and it was great!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of grand daddy -- I thought about you and your mom as you visited him on the first anniversary of your grandmother's passing.

    BTW: I no likey leeks, but I love Pottery Barn.

    ReplyDelete