Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye 2010....Hello 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years, despite being down one foot.  On the 23rd I had surgery on my left foot bunion. Yes I know it is very embarrassing that I have a bunion at 27. Which was more intense than I anticipated. I was thinking they were going to put up my pant leg and sedate me and be done. No next think I know I'm in a gown with oxygen, iv, and can't feel the left side of my body. I woke up several hours later and was numb and/or drugged for 3 days. After that it hasn't been too bad, but I've had a hard time getting some good sleep. Thus my delay in blogging.

Down one foot or not I had a blast spending some relaxing quality time with my man.  We had my Christmas Even dinner at our house and I attempted to help from the corner of the kitchen by peeling some hard boiled eggs.


Christmas was more than I could have asked for...drum roll please....

the DSLR Camera I've been dreaming of with 2 great lenses!

I also received a Singer Inspiration sewing machine

JCrew sweater, assortment of teas and tea pot, slippers, Pottery Barn silver antique barware, and a shower mirror radio!

I guess I must have been pretty good this year.  Needless to say it was a big Christmas for us!

I'm so excited to get our built in book shelves completed so I can get started with my photography, sewing, and blogging station set up!  This is our January project and it may take all month as we can't seem to find the perfect color to finish painting. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's spent with family and friends.  And I'm looking forward to lots of projects, my best friend's wedding, a few mini vacays, making new blogging friends, and a year full of memories in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment